About the job
In the role as Quality Manager you are a leader with global quality responsibility. The position is located in our headquarter in Trondheim, Norway and reports to the COO. Our Quality Manager has a highly motivated personality who drives the realization of high performance and reliability of our semiconductor component products and processes.
As a semiconductor industry experienced professional, you are inspired to bring strong quality roadmaps for our innovative products and nanowire materials, and you set the direction for excellence in our quality engineering and quality assurance. This include responsibilities for a quality team, supplier quality qualifications, NPI test- and quality planning, and global QA processes covering inbound, manufacturing and outbound flow of products.
You are nurtured by the successes of continuous improvements, and share a passion for driving relentless root cause analysis, standardize processes, and leverage learning and knowledge through strong methodological approaches such as FMEA, 8D, and sustained benefits through statistically controlled processes.
You will work closely with engineering-, supply chain- and customer service teams, as well as directly interfacing suppliers, and have the ability to engage cross-functional teams in structured and timely improvements, as well as provide clarity through structured KPI-management and data-driven decisions.
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated team players with excellent communication skills and who thrive when working with varying tasks and priorities, with the clear eyesight of right-first-time.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Manage, train and lead quality team
- Implementation and support to QA, CAPA and FA processes for the production and delivery process
- Establish quality tools and methodologies for supplier- and operations processes (FMEA, PPAP, 8D, control plans, SPC etc.)
- Secure continuous improvements by learning from quality issues and by providing structural solutions
- Implement and streamline quality programs and process standardizations
- Provide strong documentation basis and ensure processes are understood and followed
- Supplier liaison and managing supplier qualifications regarding quality
- Ensure robust quality engineering and failure analysis processes
- Support in audits and certification activities
- Take leadership when necessary for customer communication regarding priority non-conformance issues
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Master’s degree with extensive years of relevant experience
- Experience in the semiconductor business, preferably with technical knowledge from UV or visible light LED
- Experience in quality management systems and methodologies within a high tech B2B environment
- Strong communication and influencing skills, be able to drive change internally and with suppliers
- Track record in process improvement / optimization, and preferably ISO/TS/ class implementations for contract manufacturing
- Analytical thinking skills and drive decisions from data or report information
- Leadership and change management skills
- Be able to act as a quality role model for embedding quality in our daily operations
- Team player, one team one goal
What we are offering:
- A young, fast-growing, globally acting company backed by an experienced management
- Exciting, responsible tasks and the opportunity to shape the quality organization, quality road map and contribute to key
- Highly motivated team and a long-term perspective
- An intercultural working environment with flat hierarchies
- Performance oriented culture
By joining us, you will be part of a highly dedicated and motivated team and become part of one of the most exciting technology start-ups in northern Europe. If you are interested we would like to hear from you!