We are looking for a Senior Epitaxy Engineer
CrayoNano AS is a nanotechnology company, founded in 2012. The company originates from several years of research at the Department of Electronic Systems at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim.
The CrayoNano team is at the forefront of the next-generation components developing advanced nanowire UVC LEDs on graphene for use in water, air, and surface disinfection applications. Our vision at CrayoNano is to enable a sustainable and healthier life for everyone, through market-influencing photonic device technology. https://crayonano.com/
The position will be part of theR&D team, consisting of the Process team, the Epitaxy team, and also characterization and simulation. The R&D team has the main responsibility of developing the proprietary technology and new products, but the team is also involved in patent work, publications, and conferences.
In the function of senior epitaxy engineer you report to the epitaxy team leader and will be involved in the extensive participation in innovative design, execution, and analysis of epitaxy experiments to enable continuous improvement of the nanowire-based heterostructures for UVC LEDs.
This position is based at our headquarter in Trondheim.
Your main responsibilities:
- Development of novel epitaxy structures using MOCVD growth processes targeting UVC device applications
- Working with characterization tools such as SEM, CL, AFM, etc., and analyzing their results.
- Staying updated with the development withing III-N epitaxy and III-N-based deep UV LEDs
- Close collaboration with the process/production team and external partners
- Analyzing, interpreting, and documenting results in a comprehensive manner
- Generation of proposals, and technical reports for the epitaxy development status
- Non-conformal maintenance of the MOCVD reactor equipment and connected labs (to support the Lab Engineer)
- Masters in physics, material science, or similar.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in group III-nitride epitaxy preferably with high Al-containing AlGaN using MOCVD or MOVPE reactors
- Experience in developing group III-N-based optoelectronic devices such as UV LEDs or lasers heterostructures using epitaxy tools.
- Sound competence in epitaxy optimization, characterization, and analysis development.
- 5 years of relevant experience in semiconductor R&D industry.
- Previous experience with Veeco MOCVD tool.
- Knowledge in advanced MOCVD epitaxy of III-V nanostructures.
- Hands-on knowledge of LED characterization and analysis
- Experience in programming tools for data sorting and analysis
- Experience in 2D materials such as graphene, BN, TMDCs, etc.
- Analytical, problem solving and organizational abilities
- Highly self-motivated, team player with an innovative problem-solving attitude and a strong sense of ownership.
- Good communication skills, and quick assimilator of new technology
- Willing to work in the cleanroom.
- High proficiency in spoken and written English, additional languages an advantage
What we are offering:
- A young, fast-growing, globally acting company backed by an experienced management
- Exciting, responsible tasks and the opportunity to be part of shaping the R&D organization, road map and strategy at an early stage
- Highly motivated team and a long-term perspective
- An intercultural working environment with flat hierarchies
- Team-performance oriented culture
In CrayoNano you will become a part of a team who is highly dedicated and deeply devoted to leverage the potential of nano-semiconductor technology enabling new applications in high volume markets. You will be a part of introducing and establishing cutting-edge semiconductor components to application markets that support everybody’s health and well-being. In CrayoNano we have an informal environment in which it is easy to discuss and try out new ideas, and the distance between good results and implementation is short. With your contribution you can shape our customer-oriented culture and facilitate our rapid development towards a global player for nanotechnology-based semiconductor devices, that will make a difference.