About the job
In the role as Quality Manager or Quality Assurance Manager, you are a leader with global corporate quality responsibility. The position is in our headquarter in Trondheim, Norway and reports to the COO. Our Quality Manager has a highly motivated personality who drives the realization of high performance and reliability to ensure that our products meet all necessary requirements before they reach our customers.
As a semiconductor industry experienced professional, you are inspired to bring strong quality roadmaps for our innovative products and nanowire materials, and you set the direction for excellence in our quality engineering and quality assurance. This includes responsibilities for the quality team, supplier quality qualifications, NPI test- and quality planning, and global QA processes covering procurement, manufacturing, and outbound flow of products.
You are nurtured by the successes of continuous improvements and share a passion for driving relentless root cause analysis, standardize processes, and leverage learning and knowledge through strong methodological approaches such as FMEA, 8D, and sustained benefits through statistically controlled processes.
You will work closely with engineering-, supply chain- and customer service teams, as well as directly interfacing suppliers, and can engage cross-functional teams in structured and timely improvements, as well as provide clarity through structured KPI-management and data-driven decisions.
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated team players with excellent communication skills, who thrive when working with varying tasks and priorities preserving our reputation by ensuring that our products are capable to drive sustainable growth.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Recruit, manage, train and lead quality team
- Implementation and support to QA, CAPA and FA processes for the production and delivery process
- Establish and implement quality tools and methodologies for supplier- and operations processes (FMEA, PPAP, 8D, control plans, SPC etc.)
- Oversee all product development procedures to identify deviations from quality standards
- Implement and streamline quality programs and process standardizations
- Provide strong documentation basis and ensure processes are understood and followed
- Set requirements for raw material or intermediate products for suppliers and monitor their compliance
- Ensure robust quality engineering and failure analysis processes
- Support in audits and certification activities
- Understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes
- Submit detailed reports to appropriate executives
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Master’s degree with extensive years of relevant experience
- Experience in the semiconductor business, preferably with technical knowledge from UV or visible light LED
- Experience in quality management systems and methodologies within a high tech B2B environment
- Strong communication and influencing skills, be able to drive change internally and with suppliers
- Track record in process improvement / optimization, and preferably ISO/TS/ class implementations for contract manufacturing
- Analytical thinking skills and drive decisions from data or report information
- Excellent math abilities and working knowledge of data analysis/statistical methods
- Be able to act as a quality role model for embedding quality in our daily operations
- Team player, one team one goal
What we are offering:
- A young, fast-growing, globally acting company backed by an experienced management
- Exciting, responsible tasks and the opportunity to shape the quality organization, quality road map and contribute to key
- Highly motivated team and a long-term perspective
- An intercultural working environment with flat hierarchies
- Performance oriented culture
By joining us, you will be part of a highly dedicated and motivated team and become part of one of the most exciting technology start-ups in northern Europe. If you are interested we would like to hear from you!