In this role you will be reporting to the team leader of the Epitaxy & Characterization team within our R&D department.
The position will be part of the R&D department, consisting of the Process team, the Epitaxy team, and also characterization and simulation. The R&D department has the main responsibility of developing the proprietary technology and new products, but the team is also involved in patent work, publications, and conferences.
In the function of epitaxy engineer, you report to the epitaxy team leader and will be involved in innovative design, execution, and analysis of epitaxy experiments to enable continuous improvement of nanowire-based heterostructures for UVC LEDs.
- Development of novel epitaxy structures using MOCVD growth processes targeting UVC device applications
- Working with characterization tools such as SEM, CL, AFM, etc., and analyzing their results
- Staying updated with the development within III-N epitaxy and III-N-based deep UV LEDs
- Close collaboration with the process/production team and external partners
- Analyzing, interpreting, and documenting results in a comprehensive manner
- Generation of proposals and technical reports for the epitaxy development status
- Non-conformal maintenance of the MOCVD reactor equipment and connected labs (to support the Lab Engineer)
- Master’s degree in physics, material science, nanotechnology, semiconductors, or other relevant fields.
- 1-3 years of relevant R&D experience in group III-V material systems.
- Working experience in MBE, CVD, or MOCVD.
- Competence in epitaxy optimization, characterization, and analysis development.
- Experience in characterization tools such as SEM, CL, PL, AFM etc.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Highly self-motivated, team player with an innovative problem-solving attitude and a strong sense of ownership.
- Good communication skills, and quick assimilator of new technology.
- Willing to work in the cleanroom.
- High proficiency in spoken and written English, additional languages an advantage
- Experience in developing optoelectronic devices such as LEDs or lasers heterostructures using epitaxy tools
- Epitaxy preferably with high Al-containing AlGaN using MOCVD reactors
- Hands-on knowledge of optoelectronics characterization and analysis
- Experience in programming tools for data sorting and analysis
- A young, fast-growing, dynamic and globally acting company backed by an experienced management team
- A high level of responsibility and ownership of your role and the opportunity to shape our company at an early stage
- A highly motivated team and a long-term perspective in a growing business/market
- An intercultural, agile work environment with flat hierarchies
- A team-performance oriented culture
In CrayoNano you will become a part of a team who is highly dedicated and deeply devoted to leverage the potential of nano-semiconductor technology enabling new applications in high volume markets. You will be a part of introducing and establishing cutting-edge semiconductor components to application markets that support everybody’s health and well-being.
In CrayoNano we have an informal environment in which it is easy to discuss and try out new ideas, and the distance between good results and implementation is short. With your contribution you can shape our customer-oriented culture and facilitate our rapid development towards a global player for nanotechnology-based semiconductor devices, that will make a difference.