The Senior FAB Engineer will lead the daily technical operation, maintenance of equipment, training of Clean room users in the Trondheim FAB, as well as engage in oversight of the LED fabrication cleanroom, and Roll to Roll cleanrooms. The Senior Engineer will work with operation department to establish operating and maintenance procedures, collaborate with Product and R&D departments, to maximize high impact research output, with highest quality standard and minimal development cycle-time. The position is in our headquarter in Trondheim and reporting to our VP of Global Manufacturing.
- Ensure daily operation of all lab equipment in the clean room, with major pieces including any production, testing, inspection, and characterization tools.
- Develop and maintain a preventative maintenance program for the clean room facilities and provide preventative maintenance in accordance with manufacturer guidelines.
- Lead FMEA process in order to maximize tools availability, and prevent unnecessary downtime.
- Trouble shoot and coordinate with technical services of tool vendors for equipment services and repair in the event of equipment malfunctions, minimizing the equipment downtime.
- Ensure the clean room facility comply with the local general health and safety standards, local environmental safety standards (HSE) and appropriate quality assurance standards.
- Maintain data sheets with respect to hazardous materials and records of inspection and safety procedures.
- Train and supervise users of the clean room facility and lab safety, work with individual users in designing experiments for their research.
- Stay current with technology development and suggest purchase of new equipment, negotiates technical specifications and price for new instruments purchase and supervise the installation of the instruments.
- Respond promptly and appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
- Support the COO and the VP of global manufacturing expanding current LAB into operating R&D FAB, which includes working with external contactors and tool suppliers to ensure high-quality risk-free facility execution.
- Participate and lead any operational department projects per need.
- B.S. in physical sciences or engineering with 5+ years of relevant professional experience required
- Five years’ experience of cleanroom operation, tool maintenance is a must. MOCVD experience is a major advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, the interpersonal ability to liaise effectively with staff, contractors and industrialists at all levels is required.
- Finance and project management skills including significant experience in managing budgets is required.
- IT skills of utilizing online management systems to deliver an efficient report out
- Project management skills.
- M.S./Ph.D. in related fields preferred
- Background knowledge on ERP and MES systems
- Facility setup and equipment installation experienced is preferred
- Local HSE requirements knowledge
- Norwegian language skills is an advantage
- A young, fast-growing, dynamic and globally acting company backed by an experienced management team
- A high level of responsibility and ownership of your role and the opportunity to shape our company at an early stage
- A highly motivated team and a long-term perspective in a growing business/market
- An intercultural, agile work environment with flat hierarchies
- A team-performance oriented culture
In CrayoNano you will become a part of a team who is highly dedicated and deeply devoted to leverage the potential of nano-semiconductor technology enabling new applications in high volume markets. You will be a part of introducing and establishing cutting-edge semiconductor components to application markets that support everybody’s health and well-being. In CrayoNano we have an informal environment in which it is easy to discuss and try out new ideas, and the distance between good results and implementation is short. With your contribution you can shape our customer-oriented culture and facilitate our rapid development towards a global player for nanotechnology-based semiconductor devices, that will make a difference.