The Epitaxial Process Engineering Manager sets priorities for our team of R&D Epitaxial engineers, gets results across boundaries, ensures an inclusive work environment, develops employees, and manages performance. This position reports to the VP Technology Development.
Plans, provides resources for, and directs activities in engineering functions to meet schedules, standards, and cost. Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms and behaviors. Identifies and analyzes problems, plans, tasks, and solutions. Provides guidance on employee development, performance, and productivity issues. Plans and schedules daily tasks, uses judgement on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices.
The ideal candidate will have experience with managing teams in a commercial R&D environment, as well as experience in developing strategies to meet development targets while possessing a project management skill set to implement these strategies.
- Manage team performing UVC LED advanced process research and development to complete complex deliverables.
- Develop novel epitaxy structures using MOCVD growth processes targeting UVC device applications.
- Improve high efficiency UVC LED nanowire epitaxial growth technology.
- Manage engineering activities to meet project milestones.
- Take responsibility for technical results and deliverables related to the developed design and technical program.
- Generate high level progress reports for technology development status updates to management.
- Coordinate closely with other departments, such as product engineering, operations and quality.
- MSc or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or relevant discipline
- 5+ years’ experience in semiconductor epitaxial engineering and management, LED industry preferred, III-N systems preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies.
- Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage a team.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in technology development.
- Language Fluency – Fluent in English Language – written & verbal, office language.
- A young, fast-growing, dynamic and globally acting company backed by an experienced management team
- A high level of responsibility and ownership of your role and the opportunity to shape our company at an early stage
- A highly motivated team and a long-term perspective in a growing business/market
- An intercultural, agile work environment with flat hierarchies
- A team-performance oriented culture
In CrayoNano you will become a part of a team who is highly dedicated and deeply devoted to leverage the potential of nano-semiconductor technology enabling new applications in high volume markets. You will be a part of introducing and establishing cutting-edge semiconductor components to application markets that support everybody’s health and well-being. In CrayoNano we have an informal environment in which it is easy to discuss and try out new ideas, and the distance between good results and implementation is short. With your contribution you can shape our customer-oriented culture and facilitate our rapid development towards a global player for nanotechnology-based semiconductor devices, that will make a difference.